In the 70s the guy that fathered me and I flew search and rescue and also top cover for the Baja and local desert races in his 170B. Full stol equipped, 215 Franklin w controllable pitch prop. That hotrod could land and take off from just about anywhere and fly at 32 mph indicated hanging on the prop.

Anyway one day there was a little aerobatics competition at the Jacumba airstrip and there was this beautiful Swift with a controllable prop tied down not competing or on display. Well he may as well been on display cause it drew alot of attention. It looked like a tiny baby fighter. After a bit he taxied out and took off and was airborne after a very short roll, "Dad" said it sounded like an IO 360. So he's gone about 5-10 min and then HERE HE COMES absolutely hauling azz right down on the deck and does a perfect double barrel roll before pulling up and heading in the direction of SD. The announcer was PISSED!, "who was that"? "did anybody get his N-number"? I don't think anybody came forward even though several of em had his pics. He and his plane stole the show, It was a beautiful sight. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.