Picked up a new Franchi affinity from Dicks today. Looked at it Saturday night for $699 and the salesman said its the only one in the store and they are going on sale the next day, He didn't know what the sale price was, but they only honor the price on in-store inventory so I took his suggestion and put it on 24 hour hold. $699 is the same price I've seen at other retailers so not much risk if the sale price isn't so great.

The Good -
I walked in and the advertising was for $499!
Between tax and the 10% credit card discount - $482 out the door.

The Bad -
The "dicks exclusive" to get that price so low is it comes with only one choke (marked modified lead, full steel) and no shim kit.
Kinda irritated they don't advertise this and I didn't ask about the shims & tubes until we were finalizing the sale and couldn't find them in the box. Stores that list them at $699 have the tubes & shims.
Buyer beware and shame on me for not asking.

The redemption:
Choke tubes from my benelli fit it so I'm covered until I get the Mod steel/IC lead one I need.
Shims - the gun shoulders well so I may not need them.
I've heard benelli doesn't ship shim kits and only 3 tubes (used to be 5) with new guns now so I shouldn't be shocked on the Franchi store exclusives.

I'm happy and haven't heard anything bad about this gun so I can deal with the cost cutting on the choke tube and shims for the better price. The shotgun is light at 6.5# so it will be a nice grouse gun when its not in the duck swamp.

Last edited by humdinger; 08/18/14. Reason: clarification on benelli not shipping all the parts like they used to

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?