Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Yeah, I know Drew. I guess my point was a lot of guys know about them and monitor them but one never sees them referred to on the forums (at least I never do). Kind of like FDR's paralyzed legs- everyone knew about them but nobody talked about it.

There is quite a few auction houses in this area that runs guns quite regularly. One is Wherley's in Glen Rock. Auction zip id # is 1922. Another is Horst in Ephrata, their auctionzip id # is 1356.
Wherleys has online bidding available, but I don't think Horst does.
Out of them all Reddings has the rarer stuff usually. But I enjoy going to any of them. And have made some good buys at all of them. Good example I went to an auction at Wherley's about 2 years ago and bought a winchester 52. It was one of the target models, not the fancy sported one. Anyway I gave $400 for it. Called a guy I knew that was looking for one, had him meet me 2 exits away on the way home. He gave me $900 for it and was glad to get it for that. a I owned that gun a total of about 45 minutes. I bought it strictly with intentions of selling it to him as I didn't want it. With what I made on it , it pretty well covered what I spent on the couple I did buy to keep. Good deals can be had, and other guns bring more than they are worth and you scratch your head and say to yourself " what the hell are they thinking". Such is the auction world

Last edited by Bearschlayerx2; 08/18/14.

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock