Azshooter, that's a neat concept, but I have to wonder if your bullets are spinning fast enough to open up in Big Game. Hornady techs told me I needed to use a one in ten or one in eleven twist with my 416 wildcat cartridge to use their 450 gr. B.T. Spitzer, target bullet, at 2200 fps. Standard twist is one in fourteen.

Have you checked out your terminal ballistics in phone books or something similar? Since you are close to the old 338 x 06, there should be some data already out there, for a max range, to kill something with it. The reason I asked for some help is that about the only data I have for my 7.92 x 300 RCM is for the old 8 x 68 Schulers' 220 gr. bullets at 2900 fps. I'm stuck with using about 20% less powder, in the RCM parented wildcat. And I'm using a shorter barrel, with the military Mauser's free bore.

Ray Speer once told me that his bullets would never lose more that 8% of their spin, even at extreme ranges. With quicker twists, this retained angular energy comprises about 10 to 13% of the linear velocity/energy of most bullets.

I'm just happy to hear from someone else who is working with these RCM's in custom builds, without butchering their actions.