No one caught the titmouse as being a bird?

Actually and in a nutshell, the real story here is that after lunch one day, the PH came to me and told me to get my rifle and bring my cast bullet loads for the .470 NE. I asked why and he said he wanted me to shoot a cow. Of course I asked why would I want to shoot a cow and he then tells me the hired help had one they wanted to butcher.

The description of the shot in the OP was pretty much how that took place with the exception of being hustled off and the cast bullet failing. We did walk away before I decided to go back and get a pic. The mistake I made there was standing next to a wall with no hearing protection. Dang that was loud.

Later on, I joked with the PH that I was going to post a photo of my �buffalo� hunt and use his name and the photo. I don't think he saw the humor like I did.

I told the story to a friend who planted the seed for this story. Sort of like the fellow from some other state who pulled up to the game check station in Colorado with a mule strapped on the hood of his car telling the game warden how proud he was of his moose, or any variation thereof.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~