Originally Posted by okie

Answer the question or butt out.
How would you feel if your daughter was raped by a cop?
Let me simplify it for you.
How would you feel if your daughter was raped by anyone?
How tolerant would you be?

If your daughter was raped by a non-police officer you should be upset with the perp and possibly with anyone in their cultural sub-group as well. You should also want the police to track them down(even if they had made sure your daughter had no means of defending herself against the attack) and praise them from start to finish no matter what.

If the daughter was raped by an officer, then read the article from the officer that I posted. Ask her what she did to bring it upon herself since, as he pointed out, civilians dictate how officers will interact with them. Perhaps offer to mow the officer's lawn or wash his cruiser after your daughter forced him to up the level of force. He could be pretty upset over the incident and your unwaivering support for him, his badge, and the whole system could make the difference for him.

Also, no reason your daughter couldn't be raped by a private entity without cause AND bring it upon herself in an interaction with the officer. In that case, there is no reason the officer couldn't be tracking down the private sector rapist so he would really need your support. After all, if Officer Holtzclaw had been shot on duty we wouldn't be hearing about how he was laying it all on the line in the seedier side of the job to protect us all, would we okie?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn