Rembo, my 338 RUM is a BDL model. My converted 300 Win. Mags. do try to go down one side of the mag box. The Rem Techie knew all about this, and he quickly set me up with the correct follower. My BDL is probably one of the later ones, and I guarantee that this problem exists. I don't think there's even a part # on the follower. My new part # was on the plastic envelope it came in.

The difference is night and day. But my goal is to make this up as a .500 cal. based on the 404 Jeffery, with a belt swaged into it, ala the 500 Wyo. Exp. I was waiting patiently for Hornady to pull some basic brass out of their next run, but now I'm told that I have to purchase finished 404 Jeff. virgin brass. This new wildcat will be a belted rimless version of the 500 Kodiak. (2.3 inch long case)and the .500 dia. bullet. CH4D says that they can make my belt forming dies, as soon as I get some cases to them, along with a print. So I'm hanging on to my RUM follower, as its going right back into my L.H. BDL, next year.