Here are a few photos of my black Ruger Alaskan 375 Ruger.

I got rid of the POS Hogue stock, replaced it with a factory synthetic, SteelBedded, front sling swivel moved to 45* on tip of forend, and added one of Phil Shoemaker�s Picatinny rails to the forend so I could mount my 500-lumen Surefire Scout Light with Larue QD mount, just what the doctor ordered for peeling a bear off of the meat pole at 3 AM, or walking out on a trail at night in grizzly country with a pack full of meat strapped to your back. Best addition I�ve ever made to any of my rifles. And for those that are bound to point out, yes, I am fully confident in my ability to articulate why, where and when, if I have a light attached to my rifle.

Other than that, I added a pair of Alaska Arms, LLC QD rings and a Leupold FXII 4x33 with Heavy Duplex reticle - nice, simple, tough, and light. A 6-round butt cartridge carrier, and a Specialty Outdoors Products Ultimate Rifle Sling - if you haven�t tried one of these, do yourself a favour and get one - you won�t go back.

It lives on a diet 270 grain Barnes TSX fueled by 82.0 grains of Ramshot Big Game and Fed215 primers for 2728 fps average.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So far it�s accounted for two elk - the biggest one, a nice heavy 6x6 from last year, shown above - Green scored 332 even, net 320 6/8, just made the BC Book. We're going to be trying for number 3 in a few weeks. For scale, I'm 6'2"/260 lbs. The 270 gr TSX broke both shoulders at 217 yards and was recovered just under the hide on the off-side. Cleaned it off and weighed it when I got home - 269.3 grains, and a perfect four-petal mushroom as shown below.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/jcinbc/P1010081.jpg[/img]

Last edited by jaycee; 08/25/14.