Fellas and Ladies I needed some vacation bad, and finally took some last week. My boys and I went to some family land and had a bunch of fun. Shot bows, shot rifles, checked game cameras etc.

We also caught some big old channel cats and I felt like a beginner trying to clean them. I've filleted tons of fish, but just felt like I was doing it wrong. These were about 9-13 pounds, not the biggest in the world, but big for me.

The first one I filleted like I would anyother fish and it just didn't work well. The rib bones were too much for my electric knife. Plus, the guts were just in the way. I gutted the rest like you would a deer, and then filleted them. This worked all right, but it seems there should be a better way.

This is the first one, and you can see how copious the amount of "innards" were.

[Linked Image]

Just figure you folks might know of a better way. Here's some the little blog post I did with more pictures and a little write up if you are so inclined.http://wp.me/p3bCKM-p2

�Some people hear their own inner voice with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy�or they become legend."--Jim Harrison

www.doing-manly-things.com