Well it was a good one but, unfortunately, prompted by a fatality last week at the nearby Daewoo Shipyard that actually sits in the town I live, Okpo. A welder decided to step out on a temporary structure without tieing off (we all must wear fall protection any time we are outside). The weld attaching the temporary structure failed and he fell 35 feet, first bouncing off of a steel member at the first 10 feet then landing on the floor of the dry dock, dead. A 28 year old with two children...

My walk went pretty well as we have required that all of us, 280 or so, be out on the modules rotating every two hours in the day. Full coverage if you will. Amazing what just having the Company colors out there does. Anyway, as stated my walk was a good one on Friday from noon to 4:00. I thought I would turn gloom to bloom and just show some pretty badazz construction so here goes.

A couple of the 4000+ tonne modules.

[Linked Image]

There is propbably 50 of these stations running. Add another few hundered welding machines.

[Linked Image]

A bit of weld prep.

[Linked Image]

The trunnions being fab'd that will be welded to the top deck to allow the final rigging and placement.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.