Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've still never fathomed the 'cost' part when it comes to bullets for hunting.

If you're doing some crop damage etc stuff and killing 500 deer a night, maybe another matter, maybe.

Well...

My dad worked his way through high school working two jobs and his parents more or less abandoned him so a family down the street let him live in a tent in the back yard. True story. He raised me a certain way... and it stuck.

But the real motivation is to stock up while components are in fact available. If there is a lull in the "values-wars" between us and the democrats and prices and availability get better... the opportunity won't be lost on me.

And... the guy that taught me to shoot was a ranger in Vietnam who went through a broken arrow. His mantra is "never run out of ammunition" So I look to buy in bulk as much as my blue collar wages will allow.

And... on my mother's side of the family there is some Scotch-Irish in the woodpile; so I am inclined to frugality because of my DNA.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.