Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by esmith
Finally. Thanks for the response. Your post is exactly what I had intended. Last night I went so far as to completely remove the set screw from the knob. For some reason it would not disengage from the shaft and free wheel independently. Hence this thread.

Well wouldn't you know I pulled it out of the safe earlier this morning and tried again. Set screw partially out and the knob easily came free. So I took it out and matched it up with infinite distance = no parallax. Problem solved. Must have had an odd bind yesterday.

Two pages of know it all nonsense but finally someone gets it. Why anyone would not realign the knob is beyond me but if they can read they'd eventually catch up.

Good grief.

No problem. grin

You are also no the right track with the backlash. Always focus from far to near. The focus mechanism is pushing the lens elements forward that way and will hold them in position against the recoil.

These guys keep beating a dead horse lol. The write-up I posted on page 2 clearly explains what they keep trying to figure out. Face to palm...

My Leupold VX-3 is a POS to some. Fine with me. The prairie dogs don't seem to mind dieing in its view.

Most of the usual helpful folks must be on vacation. Glad to see some still post to help though. Cheers.