If you run across an old Bianchi Askins Avenger, L (lined) version, for the commander, that would be one I'd grab. My favorite of the several versions that were/are sold. For concealed carry, it fits on the flat of the hip above the back pocket, with a lower trailing slot that keeps the handle properly raked forward and tucked nicely against the body. Also works very well as a range holster and was extremely popular. I just saw one pictured recently in the Handgun Forum with a 1911 someone was pricing.

The unlined version was offered, but I do believe it gave some troubles and was discontinued, whereas the lined version was the cats meow.

The Galco version does not share the low trailing slot and does not tuck as well. The Milt Sparks version can be custom ordered with the proper cant, but the Askins Avenger will hang with the Milt Sparks in performance, and can be found, if you look, for pennies on the dollar in comparison. So, if you run across one, I�d grab it.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood