I'm not about to show you my self made flyrod... You guy would laugh me out of this place.

I have a good rod but the one I use the most is a 7' 4wt Shakespeare micro graphite I got on clearance at wal mart for 13 bucks and change. I use it for a spin/fly combo rod. I stripped the guides off and replaced them with small low profile spinning guides. I'm gonna take the reel seat and cork off and replace it with a 12" tennessee handle with rings so I can mount a spinning reel at the top or a fly reel at the end. The trigger of a spincast reel mounted in the flyreel position can be pulled with the pinky and casted with your hand in the position as if you are fly casting. This is how I rig it when fishing for sunfish with tiny hand tied jigs under a float.

I took it with me on a motorcycle trip yesterday to the clinch river for sunfish but neither the sun fish or smallmouth weren't biteing flies real well so I changed reels and started catchin smallies on spinners. My cheapo fly rod saved the day. Its ugly but its a great tool. NOT picture worthy.

Last edited by seal_billy; 08/31/14.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner