I have a very tall house- log, with a complicated series of steep metal roofs. Yesterday morning, I had what I thought was some simple business to do, on the highest point. One ladder up the back porch, another at a weird angle, braced against the skylight frame, then up the angle where two planes meet, then straddle the peak and work out to that nasty old tv antenna, remove it, and work my way back down. Rubber soles, fairly worn,
but seemed soft enough to serve. Then I dropped a glove, & decided I needed it. Very steep, couldn't get traction. Looked like Ninja warrior fails on the warped wall. Several times.
Finally got 2 fingers over the ridge, and something gave, in my shoulder. Wound up straddling the ridge of a dormer roof, second level up. Sun getting high, roof getting hot. Picture
a clothes iron, low setting, as a bike seat. The pedals are screw heads. One arm won't work. I've been under a big haystack when it went down, 3 horses have landed on me. I've burnt 2 power poles, in my youth. I've been stranded, stuck, electrocuted, hit from behind in a collision. Yesterday, I had my wife dial 911. Quick response, but by the time the deputy arrived, I was pretty shocky, trying not to pass out. When it was over, a fire truck, ambulance and REA bucket truck were all on scene. My arm is in a sling, I'm skinned in some places I have no idea why, and I figure a vasectomy wouldn't make any difference, ever again. They say, "with age comes wisdom". I think it comes with pain & humiliation, regardless of age.
I also think I'm in the market for so new shoes. Something really "grippy".