Hell,Riggins is full of out of staters that they call home. laugh

It done got taken over years ago from the real locals.When the mill burnt down and the last logging shop closed down,there just isn't any work there for anyone except Forest service.There is a little logging from time to time but not much.

I listen to the scanner every day for Riggins as it is in Idaho county.Worked and wintered out of there for ever,it seems.One of my all time winter favorites..

From Granite mountain to the South and almost to Whitebird in the North,unit 18 covers a lot of ground with few roads going into it.Our Riggins friends who settled that area years ago with creeks named after there family,always hunted unit 18 by horse and mountain bike in the latter years but he used a 25-06,so what can I say!He always ate wild game.

It would be a hard place to hunt just going in blind.I live about 17 miles from the north end of 18.Every year we here on the scanner a bunch of idiots shooting across the river at game from highway 95 into unit 18..Most don't hit anything and the ones that do,get arrested before they figure out how to get across the Salmon river.Dumb dumb dumb...