CLB,

My Nosler manual says I ought to be able to get ~150 fps more with a powder change. On an elk hunt, that extra velocity would be welcome.

To LastRounds point..... I just looked into it, and if the listed BC is correct, I'd still have >1900 fps out to 400 yards, with a 2660 fps launch (what I'm getting using IMR4320). The accuracy of my current load is very good, so maybe a powder switch would be ill-advised, and unnecessary all at the same time.

All of this is very encouraging. I presently hunt with a .358 Win in a BLR, but the accuracy isnt nearly as good as what I get out of the Savage 14 in 7mm08. The .358 has plenty whompum (on both ends), but I'm confident the 7-08 would work fine in an elks lungs.

I also have a 300WSM in a Savage 14, but it "only" holds 3 rounds total, and its just not as fun to shoot as the 7mm-08.

shane

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell