Thanks for sharing this insight JJ.

I just spent a couple of weeks hunting in Limpopo with a PH who grew up in the area I and learned much through his sharing of information with me during the hunt. I'll spend another couple of weeks there beginning October 1.

We visited many different properties and I also witnessed first hand the color breeding and excessive pricing of these mutants as well as the extremely large trophy animals.

I too am of the old school approach and I appreciate the wonderful African animals in the good old form that God made them. I just do not get the attraction of most variations, and even though I too like the red wildebeest as well as some of the springbuck variations, I don't see the excessive prices being charged for them. To each his own I guess.

What really amazes me is that these high prices are somehow being supported in the "supply and demand" scenario... Who the heck is actually paying the kind of money being asked for these trophies in the numbers that are obviously in place for this to continue?

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."