Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by moosemike
I think we should all boycott Zimbabwe. Why help prop up this crackpot regime with safari revenue?

This is a feeling shared by many and for good reason.

The reasons we should safari there are many. It protects the game and parks, thus habitat that would be destroyed along with the game populations.

Many good Zimbabweans make a living from it, and there are many good people there.

The politicians who garner graft and bribes for opening their lands, once white-owned farms, have more allegiance to the dollar than Mugabe. It keeps them a bit west-leaning, while they swear allegiance to the syphilitic ape. His base is built on sand in other words.

Done right, it sheds a good light on whites coming there as friendly and generous people.

Mugabe's days on earth are numbered, and we shouldn't destroy the country and leave shambles to a possible new government more western friendly. If we hurt the people now (not Mugabe...the People) they'll remember it once the lunatic is gone.

Zimbabwe is a wonderful place with wonderful people. Their dictator is a syphilitic and desperate despot who won't be all that missed. There'll probably be civil war once he's gone, and we need to stay engaged in any way possible to support the right side.

THIS. FOr the unenlightened, and there are many, just about every cent of safari dollars is spent and distributed at the local leve, with very little going to the Mugabe Regime. I for one will continue o=to support.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”