Originally Posted by TheKid
That gorgeous rifle was almost undoubtedly built by a gentleman named Ralph Carter from Colorado. A very good customer at the shop I work in has several that Mr. Carter built for him. The octagon with rib, ramp, and swivel are identical to the ones I have handled. The stock lines are near identical as well. Unfortunately Mr. Carter has retired, I believe he is in his late eighties or early nineties. My customer charged me with finishing the last two rifles that Ralph had started and sent back to him with a letter of apology stating that he wouldn't be able to complete them. Mr. Carter was a wonderful craftsman and a rifle he built is certainly something to be proud of.

I am 100% open to the idea that he could have been the builder. Did he usrings that look like these pre Talley's? A bolt release tab? Can you put any ppictures up of any of his rifles? IF the builder of this rifle can be determined, and is still alive, I would sure like to get a signature inside of the stock barrel inletting and present him with a thank you card and message for his work.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500