need or want in terms of rifles? Or guns, period?

Not so long ago, I would never have thought I would arrive at a point of happy arrival and "DONE" with even just my rifles, but really and truly now satisfied with my whole assemblage of firearms. And, the number of firearms I have is not a large number at all. I am pretty sure I could count them with my fingers and have some fingers left over. I decided years ago to strive for a few really, really good guns VS a bunch of mediocer or pretty good pieces and have managed to assemble a far better group of arms than I ever thought I would or certainly deserve.

For me, the re aquisition of my full custom Mauser in 7mm MAshburn Super, plus a recent add of a cerrakoted and fiberglass stocked Remington model 7600 in 35 Whelen and a Burris 30mm tube 1.5-6 scope to go atop it, I feel like I have almost an embarrasment of riches, firearms wise. To want any more or desire someting else would put me into an area of excess and overkill as well as my not really having the ability to enjoy even the ones I have, fully. The pump action 35 Whelen allows me to better utilize my disabled hunter placard by having a rifle which can be charged and made ready from atop my four wheeler/quad or 4WD truck much more quickly than can any of my bolt guns. And, I have been wanting to play with the 35 Whelen since I was in junior high and read all about how powerful yet efficient they are. Yes, I am at the point in my disease where hiking about is too painfull and dangerous to my blood pressure. But even when I get a new kidney someday and feel much better, I am just really happy with the guns I have and see no room for another, in any form of practicality or need or niche.

I shall not bore you with what I have assembled and considered my now complete collection unless asked, I am just wondering how many others feel that with the firearms on hand they have arrived at hunting guns nirvannah and are done seeking any more for the forseeable future?

If so, what were the final pieces, or maybe one item, that when it arrived in your safe allowed you to sit back and say "done, finished, I have all that I could want for"

If you want to share what your complete collection looks like and the niches each item feels, that would be fine and I would be quite interested in that and what it looks like for you.

If you want to know what my 'complete, to me' pile of guns looks like and/or how each rifle fills a hunting scenario or niche for me I will share my (short) list.

Genuinely curious here,

Safariman / Mark

Last edited by safariman; 09/10/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500