Bras Are Now Racist Because They Come in �Nude�

A college-paper editorial board declares bras and Band-Aids an example of white privilege.

ByKatherine Timpf

The editorial board of a college newspaper has declared that bras are racist because they come in colors named �nude,� since non-white people�s skin isn�t that color when they�re nude.

�How would it make you feel that the fashion industry and society at large has based its ideal of nude on Caucasian people? That the color of your skin doesn�t count as �nude�?� asks the staff editorial, published by the Oklahoma Daily, the official newspaper of the University of Oklahoma.

The board used the same reasoning to conclude that that �nude� makeup, �flesh-colored� clothing, and Band-Aids were also racist.

The piece referred to the bra color name as one of the �subtle examples of racism� � often referred to as a �microaggression� � that apparently runs rampant in our society today.

The board apparently intended to use the piece as a way to encourage Americans to fight against this injustice.

�We encourage all of our readers to think critically about the small instances of racial bias they encounter each and every day,� the editorial said.

� Katherine Timpf is a reporter at National Review Online.

I hope no one here has a child attending OU. If so, I'd ask for a refund on tuition---or at least that portion that goes to support the student newspaper.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.