Originally Posted by Mathsr
It isn't just related to the small shop either. The dealerships get right into the mix with their dishonesty. I think, especially if you are out of town and they don't expect you to come back.

I was out of town, but only by a couple of hours. My Suburban shut down and wouldn't restart. It only had about 15,000 miles on it and had always been properly maintained. I called the Chevy place for a tow and when they had a look at it in the shop, they told me the engine was seized up and that there was no oil in it at all. They did have a replacement and could install it and have me on the road in a few hours for only $3500. It wouldn't come under warranty because they had found no oil in the engine.
I called my local Chevy dealer to come pick it up and bring me a loaner. My dealer found that the engine was missing the alternator belt. Nothing else was wrong including the oil level.

This kind of stuff is very commonplace even in large dealerships. Lithia.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.