Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by safariman
PM sent Scott, the new medicaid rules make that plan a bad idea. there are better ways to go about it. Let me and VAnimrod help you out with a plan that will work. FWIW I am past president of the Walla Walla Estate planning council, was dealing with this stuff for 37 years before I retired including many, many estate planning seminiars and workshops hosted by me.

I suspect that Scott is smart enough to have gotten good advice and followed it.

But Gee, there might be a buck in it....

For some other still active estate planner, perhaps. My help and advice to friends is and has been for years, free. As was the overview I just wrote, above.

if Scott is hoping that a quick claim deed will protect his farm in the event of a catastrophic health care need not covered by medicare or the VA, as it seems, then no he has not been given good up to date advice or counsel. This is my fear, and why I have offered assistance at no cost. Scott also knows VAnimrod fairly well. I brought VAnimrod into the financial planning part of the Estate world and he did very well in it for several years, even becoming a training manager for the company we both worked for before he moved on to becoming a development officer for Johns Hopkins University. He or I can guide Scott to some more solid footing for his goals. And at no charge of course.

Last edited by safariman; 09/17/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500