Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Very nice rifle and scope but personally I think the scope is too tactical looking for the nice sporter rifle. Both top quality, but for my taste, it would need a sleeker classic gloss scope.

I feel the same way, but in order to have a viable range from between 50 and 300+ yards, rumor has it that this is the best way to go (as far as scope/rail is concerned). I may investigate a different stock in the future. I'll see how this set-up connects the dots and if I'm not all fuzzified I may return this gun to a sporter set-up and try again with a slightly more appropriate platform.

Whatever works for you. I have no interest in shooting a 22 RF over 100 yards. Maybe it's from my target days of 25 and 50 yards. I prefer shooting one hole groups at short range than playing with drop and wind in a platform I will never use for anything than just play, at that distance.

Looks like we're on opposite ends of the RF spectrum. I've lost some of my interest in punching single holes at close range and am looking forward to the integration of more skill-based factors. It's like you said: whatever works for you.