O.K. Guys....long story short: I will have to take a lot more call for the hosptials I work at this fall/winter, so that means most of my weekends I won't be able to go hunting. That leaves me with A.) staying home or B.) hunting at night for coons and predators. I have done a little night hunting, but have been somewhat unsuccessful at it.
Not really wanting to just "kill something", I want to process the furs....I realize that I probably will be lucky if I break even, but I don't care.
So, the questions are:

1.) how do you deal with fleas/ticks on a carcass prior to skinning?

2.) After skinning, how long do you have before you flesh the hide and put it on a stretcher?

3.) Can the hides be frozen after skinning, and thawed out at a later time for fleshing? Are there any drawbacks to doing this?

4.) Once the hide is on a wood or wire stretcher, how long before it can be removed?

thanks in advance for your relpies; I realize that I am most likely going to make some mistakes processing the furs, but it is a learning process, correct? There are a lot of good videos on Youtube that show one how to skin, flesh, etc, but none seem to answer the questions that I have posted.
Thanks again............

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"