So, you need to catch it as well?

Get an empty bleach bottle with a handle and screw on lid. Tie about two feet of strong line (I like mason's line) to that handle and tie it on well. Use a steel leader at the other end of the line, and a good, stout 1/0 hook. Bait it with a chicken liver or chicken neck, and toss it into the pond. Check it every day or so, but you'll probably see it moving around after the turtle is hooked. Drag it out, put it in a tank to flush it for a couple of weeks, and clip the hook/leader after it's in the tank.

Be careful. They are incredibly powerful animals, the claws are sharp, they can take a finger (or more) off with those jaws, and they come out of the egg with a fearless, pissed off attitude.

I really like the damned old things, and save/move them when I can. Every now and then, though, one just has to go.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.