I acquired this Anschutz Exemplar a month or so back from another member here and have been having alot of fun shooting it. The factory rear sight is excellent; I shot a silhouette match with it last month and did alright but I still wanted to scope the gun.

Well, here's the scope setup: Ken Light extension mount and a Leupold 2.5-8x with target turrets. The Ken Light mount brings the scope up and back, allowing you to use it when shooting from the Creedmoor position. It is not practical for shooting off-hand or out of any other position, but I don't mind because all my silhouette shooting is done from Creedmoor and I don't use this Exemplar for anything else. The mount is very well made and fits fine, though I may take the rear sight off if I decide to make this a dedicated scope-gun.

The Exemplar is an interesting pistol. It is an Anschutz M64 action with a two-stage target trigger mated up to a 10" medium-bull barrel free-floated in a pistol stock. The gun is very well balanced, even with the scope, and the trigger is wonderful with just enough take-up to allow me to steady the cross-hairs before the trigger lets off.

Shot silhouettes for practice this morning so no pictures of groups; before the wind picked up knocking over 1/5 size targets at 50 yards was almost easy. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]