Took the two oldest to the range after looking at some old pictures and realizing how long ago it was we burned some 22 ammo.
Hand drawn targets by the artist in the family and a plate machine make for some good fun. Even better using the two 22s that came down to us from their great grandfathers side of the tree. All serious when its about beating your big brother.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But it got all kinds of better when the good Doc showed up to prep two rifles for the trip to Dover Furnace next weekend for a little work out.

The drilling was in 9.someting by seventy something? And its a shooter for sure. Cool removable claw mount german scope and a very nicely done set of Iron sights. Drillings have always fascinated me. This one was no exception. Number one son got a crack at it after the sight in.

[Linked Image]

The day wrapped up with a few shots out of the single shot falling block. This was an 8.something about as big as a 30-30. A hair trigger if I ever touched one after the setting of the back trigger. A shooter for sure.

Big Smile out of son number one as his sister was calling the shots for him with the binos.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now to try to make this appropriate to the forum, just how do you gun writers keep track of all these cool european cartridge numbers? Much more complicated than the old '06 or even the 257Bob��. I have to start writing down notes instead of shooting these fine blasters. Not every day you get to shoot a pair of pre war euro game guns esp. ones as nice as these.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......