Thanks for the ideas. The trailer is a 2005 Keystone Zeppelin. You can see the problem with a lack of wall space for a heater.

[Linked Image]

It has a propane furnace, which is directly under the oven. Furnaces eat batteries and hover between 30-50% loss of heat from your propane. By comparison, some catalytics are 99.9% efficient.

I had a mouse in the trailer when I bought it and he loved the oven and furnace. I spent days disassembling and cleaning, and replaced all the air ducts. At this time, I have a 1000 watt Honda inverter for charging batteries and haven't tried to run the furnace with it, so don't know if it's an option to run that all night to keep the furnace going.

No table leg to tie a heater to, but it's no problem to create stability for a heater if needed while traveling.

I had another 1996 trailer with a then new catalytic mounted to a wall. The problem is, the walls on RV's are (usually) 1/8" material, so it pulled off while driving and nearly burned the trailer to the ground. No tip over shut off on that heater! Anything mounted to the wall will need to be reinforced.

My problem is I have narrow wall spaces available. If I had the width, I'd reinforce the wall and mount one permanent, done deal. I read about one that mentioned floor mount, but gave no details. I don't trust manufacturers to provide the best hardware for mounting. I'd rather engineer my own solution that I KNOW will work!

I do have a large chunk of wall available in one spot, but it's overhung by a countertop, where presumably you could sit at the bar to eat. I'd have to shield the underside of that countertop from the heat, and I'm not crazy about that idea. It's right next to the gas lines too, so it'd be a snap to mount there, just to the right of the entry door.

Last edited by Fireball2; 09/21/14.

LOL