Robert White,

Thank you fir the kind words. I have had that rifle for many years and is one that I hope a grandson will appreciate owning some day. I have two grandsons that look like they will be big boys when full up so I think I will have some good homes for it to pick from. I have lots and lots of brass and ammo and bullets for it, enough for a strapping young man to use this rifle as a big game hunting rig for a decade or two after I am gone.

AFAIK, there is not a Limbsaver made to fit a Boyds stock. We (gunsmith and me) simply bought a nice thick, fat, soft Limbsaver and he shaped it at the same time he was re shaping the stock. That gunsmiths name is Rob Shell, and he lives near me and is still very much in the gunsmith game so if you want him to duplicate my riflestock etc. for you I am sure he can do it, and I would loan him my rifle to use as a pattern while he was at it if you wished him to.

Between the well shaped stock, Limbsaver recoil pad, and not too light but just right weight of the whole set up the rifle is not at all difficult to shoot well for me and others who have used it. And this is with 225gr TTSX's running 3100fps.

Feel free to contact me via PM and if you would like I will PM you my and Rob Shell (gunsmith who did this for me) phone numbers.

Looking forward to seeing your completed project!

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500