Yesterday was to be my first deer hunt of the year. After I came off the stand about 10:00 AM, I got a frantic call from my wife. Two pit bulls had gotten into our yard, had killed one of our 5 month old kittens and were acting very aggressive towards the wife when she tried to scare them out of the yard. I was a good hour away from home so as I hauled butt home, she called the police. By the time I got home, there were 4 policemen and an "animal cop" chasing the dogs around the neighborhood. One of them had taken a shot at the more aggressive one when it lunged at him but missed. I was hoping the dogs would still be in my yard when I get there so I'd have the pleasure of blowing their heads off. They finally managed to catch them one street over about an hour after I got home. They assured us they would be put down.
I love dogs. I don't currently own one but have had them my whole life. You often hear that pit bulls are "misunderstood" and unfairly stereotyped. I do believe the way they are treated has a lot to do with it. These fu**ing hoodrats around here keep pit bulls for fighting, protecting their stash and as as "status symbol" to show off to the other thugs, much like their gold teeth and flashy rims. You know these dogs are trained to be aggressive, they are not pets. Still you very rarely hear of a Lab, or a Pointer, or a Dalmation doing the deeds that pit bulls are always doing. One of my best friends rescued a female pit bull puppy last year from a life of mistreatment. This was a very young puppy that had not had time to be trained for aggression. Cute, cuddly little puppy. My buddy and his wife raised her with their 3 other dogs and treated her like a queen. One day out of nowhere, she went crazy and attacked both of them. A .40 to the head took care of that problem. About 15 years ago, I had a pit bull and another mixed breed mongrel get into my yard and tried to get at my black Lab, who was a big baby. I killed both of them and would have done the same yesterday if given the chance. I'm sure not every pit bull is dangerous but every one I have come in contact with turned out that way. There is something in their genetics just waiting to erupt. You just don't hear that many stories of other breeds attacking like pits, even other breeds known to be "aggressive", such as Dobermans and German Shepherds. I have as little use for pit bulls as I do for the worthless thugs that drag them around on chains heavy enough to tow a truck with. I get no thrill out of shooting dogs, or any other domestic animal, but from this day forward, any pit bull that steps foot on my property is going down if I'm around, consequences be damned.
As I said, I've always been a dog lover and I honestly never thought I could have any feelings towards a cat but I felt water leaking from my eyes yesterday as I dug the hole for the innocent little kitten that was the victim. I'm just thankful my wife wasn't on the receiving end of the dog's wrath.

In memory of Lily...
[Linked Image]