When I read this thread I smiled. It is obvious there are a few book people on the Campfire. When I see the excitement on the faces of people at the opening of a Friends of the Library book sale, or a Project Read fundraiser, I know books and the printed word are not dead � not yet anyway.

There are too many interesting, even exciting books on shooting hunting and outdoor sports for a person to not only enjoy reading but to lament: �So many books, so little time.�

The October issue of the American Rifleman arrived yesterday. One of the short product reviews was about the Palladium Press and the books of the Firearms Classics Library. If you are not a member of the Firearms Classics Library you are missing out on quite a selection of timeless books, offered at a reasonable price.

The product review lists a few of the books offered but misses some of the excitement of the series. The opportunity to own a copy of Elmer Keith�s Rifles for Large Game, bound in leather, for $30.00 is exciting for any Gun Crank.

The combined printing of Big Game Rifles and Cartridges and Sixgun Cartridges and Loads makes a treasure for any fan of Keith.

The Charles Landis books, Whelen books and Truesdell�s The Rifle and its Development for big Game Hunting are bargains.

The FCL printed Phil Sharpe�s Complete Guide to Handloading as a two volume set in smaller format which makes a handy outfit.

Well, I take time to read, every day. I still get excited when a used book catalog arrives and, while todays gun magazines �aint what they used to be,� I still enjoy reading them and complaining about them.

Slim