I just returned from a hunt on the Alaskan Peninsula. We had everything from a drizzle to heavy wind blown rain for eight straight days. It was a great test for rain gear.

I purchased a Kuiu Yukon jacket specifically for this hunt. The jacket was a dismal failure. My bush pilot chuckled when he asked, "Is that your rain jacket?".
"Nope" I replied, "just a jacket I wear in the rain."

The jacket had a seam leak between my shoulder blades and leaked heavily there. That is fixable. The worst part was the fabric just soaked through and my liner jackets were wet in no time. The sleeves were the worst as rain was caught at my elbows as I glassed.

If it had been colder, there could have been a serious safety issue. I'd be returning this jacket to Kuiu if they warrantied their products to work as advertised. At $350, it's a complete ripoff. I would have been just as dry (or just as wet) in a $100 soft shell jacket.

To be fair, I also took a Kuiu Icon 1850 pack and it worked great for me. It's well made with a great frame and suspension. It's a keeper for me.

I hope some others may gain from my dismal experience.