Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I've shot the piss outta my Rem M7 7mm rsaum, and never had a failure to extract.

What am I doing wrong?

Simple, you're shooting it and not writing about the flawed design

Great response.

I've had about an even mix of each over the last 35 years and honestly have never had a failure in the field with either. In my younger days when I was working up loads and I thought the reloading manuals were a bit too conservative, I did stick a case or two in Remingtons that a claw extractor might have removed. blush Then again it might not have. I long ago decided that there's no need to load to those levels and haven't stuck a case in 25 years.

It's kind of funny that during the time when the two big boys, Remington and Winchester, only made push feeds, I never remember hearing this debate. Lots of PF's went to Africa back then and killed stuff. And the owners came back alive.

I can say this. I have never had a failure to feed with a push feed. I have with a CRF and it has been with round nose bullets and not having them seated to the correct depth. My pre 64 model 70 35 Whelen gave me fits with round nose bullets till I figured out they were seated too deep. Once I corrected that they fed flawlessly. Same with my 400 Whelen, also a model 70. Round nose bullets have to be seated out to at least 3.330 or they will jam every time in that rifle. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with CRF's, it just means you have to play by their rules.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.