Originally Posted by arkypete
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by bea175
How many rounds do you have to have on person to feel comfortable with your conceal carry gun, what the pistol mag or cylinder hold's or do you have to have extra rounds in reserve?
I've been carrying my Sig P938 lately and I've just been carrying the mag that came with it and the extra I procured. That's only ten rounds since you can't get six in the mag. I'm going to try and get another mag for this one and once these get worn a bit, I should be able to get six rounds in them. I'll get the extended seven-round mag if I can.

When carrying the M&P Compact 9, I carry an extra mag giving me 22 rounds.

I bought one of the Sig 938s a month ago, used, it came with the Crimson Trace, three mags and a holster. The trigger was awful, to the point where I could just barely stay on the paper at 25 feet. I've been working on wearing the trigger in to loosen the pull and remove some of the grit and grinding.
Currently I'm working on wearing the action in with 115 grain hard ball FMJs. I've put 450 rounds thru it at the range and shoot at the knots in the paneling in the TV room. (Yes, I know no mag, no ammo, in the room.)
Have you worked with your handgun to find which bullet weight, 115 or 124, or brand od ammo works best for you?
I was over in Gun Broker looking for the 7 round mag and found a fellow whose is doing a two for deal, at what appears to be a reasonable price, $80.00 per two.
No. I haven't shot the SIG extensively. It worked with what I figured was the worst ammo for that gun, that I had laying around. There's always the chance it won't work with better ammo so I will wring it out more when I have the opportunity. For now, I'm carrying it with my stupid LRN reloads because I know they work in it. Eventually, I'd like to carry it with HOT 115 grain JHP ammo, because that is my preference in the 9. I've got all sorts of ammo though. The guy said they like 124 grain on up and hot.

From what I've seen, that is a decent price on the mag. I think I paid $47 for the seven rounder I bought yesterday.

I've got one of the NAA 380's that I may be carrying too. More extensive testing needs done. That one's got a REALLY extended mag.