[Linked Image]

I've had'em all. I now have a full size 1911 and this shorty.

If you have a full size, a Commander length offers no real savings to speak of. You might as well carry a full size gun. Thinking 3/4 of an inch makes a difference in portability is ridiculous. Now, the Commander length gun is a sweet length, and if you have one, you are well served, but to compare it with a full sized 1911 and think it offers an advantage is silly.

Chop some from the butt and chop a lot from the muzzle and you are starting to realize a benefit. Those who can't shoot it well, shouldn't. Those who can, know that the 3.5s offer all the same accuracy they will get from either a Commander or a full sized piece. And with my McCormick mag, I still get 7+1!

The smaller guns require stiffer recoil spring assemblies, but the excessive recoil or muzzle flip is simply a myth as the stiffer system soaks it up.

Now, the XD-s is a different matter. I love mine and it takes the nod over the Micro 1911, but if you complain about muzzle flip on a compact, you don't want to shoot the XD-S

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain