but I will offer this piece of advice: Get yourself a good camo headnet....it can mean the difference between bagging birds and having them flare when they see your face shining in the blind.

That and bare hands are the most common mistakes I've seen when watching ducks flare away from hunters. Hate headnets so I wear a baseball cap with a long bill to keep my face (and glasses!) in a shadow. The uninsulated hood up loose to hide the back of my neck and ears and the lightest gloves the weather permits. (It depends on if your blind, if you'll be using one, keeps the shiny parts in shadows, be prepared in case not.)

Once I actually saw a guy on the edge of a slough wearing a white cowboy hat. Had a young kid with him, about 40 yards away, who was throwing rocks in the slough. Don't be that guy. laugh

Now for shells and choke, if they're really coming into the decoys I like #4 2-3/4 and skeet tube opens up the pattern a bit. With steel, modified patterns best in my particular shotgun, tighter makes the patterns uneven. But #2/3"/modified is fine as it allows you to reach out a bit if they're skittish.

We always have some 3" BB or BBB in a pocket in case geese show up.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.