well the rep might be correct in that statement, but what does it prove? Maybe that more people in Arizona can afford expensive glasses? Will sheep follow others over a cliff?
Your Kowa Highlanders are 14 lb for one reason, that being the housings are made of in plain words plastic. Is (any) set of glasses worth $5000 with plastic type housings? Ive spent many
hours glassing with highlanders. A very old and close friend who
hunted from this camp was a Kowa dealer. I recently sold his personal highlanders for his wife.$3200 with the flurite glass
and a pelican case. I could have owned them for about any price i offered. As for brackets, there are for sure good and not so good ones just like pizza shops and everything else. People in
every state are willing to spend their hard earned cash for quality, not just in Arizona. Also remember this, long range
hunting as we know it today started here in PA, and spread west.
The early choice in optics were the various large military glasses primarily German and Jap. They have lossed popularity
because it's not practicle to own and use them for hunting.
I could change the minds of most hunters in 5 minits
regarding their 15x56 swarovskis with a $500 set of spotting scopes. Anyone within reach of me is welcome to come see for themselves. I can have the Swaro and Leicas here also. I'll even include a good deal on my junk swaro rangefinder.