Originally Posted by Gary O
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Gary,
If you are considering a .416, go with the Rigby. The Rigby operates at low pressures. My .416Rigby produces less felt recoil than my .375H&H. Its a much slower push. Whenever I take that rifle out of the safe, I get those butterflies in my stomach that only a teen gets going on their first date with a new girl.

Is there any reason why the Rugers' interest you?

Well, the Rugers are a more modern design, less expensive everything especially ammo. How much did you pay for those butterflies? That sort of thing in general...

Well, my .416Rigby is in a CZ 550. They are in my opinion one of the best value for money rifle brands out there.
If ever there was a "working" rifle made, the CZ's are just that. I had to have the action polished a bit to ensure that feeding under pressure would be smooth. When you cycled the bolt, it would stick for a split second right at the back. Hardly need your concentration broken by something small like that when the heats' in the kitchen.My rifle is not the only rifle that I have heard where this had to be done. As a matter of fact, this was the general consensus that I picked up when I did research, just before buying the rifle.
Rifles in South Africa are generally more expensive than in the USA. Mine was about $1500 out the box.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]