I was reading my Outdoor life magazine the other day, and in a little blurb they made mention of a "fuel/water separator" that goes in the fuel line.....I've never heard of these before! Apparently, they remove water and filter dirt, grime, etc that gets into the fuel system. It helps to get rid of the water that comes in through the vent (as either humidity or rain) that may get into the tank and get mixed with the fuel
I did a little research on the net, and they aren't that expensive.....around $30 or so, and they sound like a good idea.
Anybody use one with an outboard? I'm thinking about mounting it to the transom of my 12 ft V hull and just cutting the fuel line and putting it in.
Just curious if anyone here uses one, and how they might have mounted it on their boat (mine is mostly aluminum, and I don't want to go drilling holes in the aluminum if I can help it....that's why I opted for the transom).
Having had water in the fuel line and gotten stranded out in the middle of a big lake, I think this might definitely be a useful item.
Anybody know of any down side to these?

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"