The maiden voyage wasn't a success in that I caught a bunch of fish (none to be exact) but I stayed upright and dry so that's a plus. I took it out Saturday for a late evening off the Pamlico River to target some trout/drum/flounder. The wind was blowing about 10-15 and had a slight chop, even in the creeks. Hindsight but I should have went to a more protected creek for my maiden voyage. It's a lot of work trying to keep the yak turned right with the wind and fish at the same time. I totally see now why guys love the Hobie's and other propel drive boats...much easier to fish. It's definetly going to take some practice but once I get it down I think it's going to be fun.

For anyone interested in the Eagle Talon kayak, the one real complaint I have so far since mine already has the upgraded seat, is that the rod holder is too far forward. I'm going to have to do something about that in the future. Other than that it seems to be fairly stable, tracks pretty well and paddles easily. It seems to be a good beginner yak.