Originally Posted by southarkrob
I don't know what kind of protection people think they need on the front end of a UTV.. We hunt in a lot of clear cuts and have never destroyed a radiator.. I have ridden this 500 for a while and you couldn't trade me 3 Rhinos for it (I have had 3 Rhinos..a mule, and still have a Big Red) I had so much trouble out of Rhinos (I was a Yamaha salesman for a while) one 660 was so bad the dealership bought it back and I bought a new 700 Rhino.. which broke a front axle and I still haven't figured out how as I am not a mudrider. This 500 Pioneer is not what you want to buy to use as a farm vehicle or a mudblaster. It is a great UTV to use to get thru tight woods and is fun riding. What surprises me is how much room is in the cab..my dad and I used it today to fill feeders and check stands... my dog even rode between us and we never felt crowded. Neat lil UTV. Surprised how powerful it is also. Please don't think I am bashing Rhinos as this Pioneer 500 want handle one in the mud.. but in the woods I will take the Pioneer. That manual tranny is neat.

How do you like the paddle shifter? With a little work, I'd bet that little 500 could be made to handle anything a guy could throw at it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead