In August, my wife and I traveled to S. Africa for a hunt. Went from Colorado Spgs. to Dulles, then to Joburg with a stop in Dakar, Senegal.

Upon arrival in Joburg, there was a screening for body temperature before you went thru passport inspection and customs. Hmmm.....

The return was a retrace of the trip over, with the stopover in Dakar for refueling, crew change, meals, etc. I must admit, it was a bit unsettling to see a new crew come onboard, obviously based in Dakar, meals being loaded onboard prepared God knows where.

Senegal supposedly has only one case of Ebola confirmed, but is next door to other countries where the disease is out of control. I must admit feeling a bit uneasy on that aircraft, even with the abundant reassurances by our government that everything is okay. The fact that the Joburg airport was doing body temp screening is a sign that they must not believe everything is okay.

Once home, both my wife and I came down sick with what turned out to be just respiratory ailments, undoubtedly picked up on the airline flights.

It's just a matter of time......

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....