I got into a light weight build a few months ago when I purchased a Colt Light Rifle, here in the classifieds. It started out life as a 270 Win - but that had to change! I also bought a Benchmark 6.5 barrel here in the classifieds about 6 months ago. I didn't have a plan for the barrel - just knew it was a good one. I talked with the great folks at Benchmark (mainly Chris) and they offered to take my blank in on a trade for a light weight barrel. Last week I got freight to that part of the country and stopped in to Benchmark with my barreled Colt rifle and the Benchmark blank. After a discussion we decided on a #2 contour with shallow flutes, finishing at 24" in 6.5-06. While the extra 2" of barrel length will add some weight, I feel it will balance better and fits a long action better. I'll leave the 22" barrels for the short actions.
NULA is going to provide the stock or stock it for me and I don't know if I will need the NULA trigger or not. The factory Colt trigger, while a little heavy at 3.5lb was crisp with no creep. I have Talleys for it, I just need to find a lightweight 1" scope.
I have a heavier barreled 6.5-06 with a Douglas barrel that shoots OK, but not great. I think I'm gonna set that barrel back and clean up the throat. That one is now gonna be the Ack Imp version.

Let me know where I went wrong on the build and if you have a light scope recommendation. Maybe 10X or 12X on the high side, but 9X would surely work.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right