I am back from area 19, hunting by myself (1660 mi from TN..) this might be a little pic heavy. The hunt started wed. but I got to camp on sun. to start scouting.

Turned these two-the one at distance first, a 5x5 and then the big one fed out below me

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I never found the big bull again but early sat. this bull followed 11 cows into the valley I was hunting, stopped him with a cow call in a gap at 476yds and shot him. He didn't react at all so I shot him again.

[Linked Image]

I lost him after the second shot but all the cows ran under me and he didn't follow. He had dropped at the second shot. These are the entries, higher than I'd liked on his right side behind the shoulder. I had dialed 500yds on the scope, took two clicks off but the angle was steep. One exit was through the center of his right ham and I did come across the other during the skinning and boning.

[Linked Image]

I skinned and boned him and put the meat in what was left of the snow.

[Linked Image]

I was tucked into the side of this chalk bluff to the left of the cedar

[Linked Image]

I was able to get close enough to load him on the 4 wheeler-I've helped move some elk with horses and have packed out muleys and antelope-so glad I didn't have to pack him. Heavy is not the word...

[img]http://i704.photobucket.com/al...-b132-c67f4fbe3eca_zps8a1767b1.png[/img]

It was a great hunt, saw seven bulls in four days, this was the second best. I could not be happier!

Last edited by davidlea; 10/06/14.

Golden............