24 hour campfire members blackdogsrule & myself just returned from a 2 week hunt with Kambako Safaris in Northern Mozambique. We hunted Block B abuting the 10 million acre Niassa Reserve. We had originally booked a Cape Buffalo and plains game hunt. Just before our departure Kambako called us and said they had 2 leopards still available on quota. Kambako offered us an additional PH and his 2 man crew at no charge designated to do nothing but the baiting & checking of baits while we were hunting buff & plains game. They reported their progress and findings to us each evening back at camp so we could make plans to build & sit in blinds when it was the right time. They also offered us the leopard upgrade at a price that was just too good to pass up. We knew it was a risk but after talking to several hunters who had hunted with Kambako before we decided it was a risk worth taking. We figured we had a reasonable chance of one of us harvesting a leopard. It was a long shot that we might both pull it off.

To say the hunt was a spectacular success would be quite the understatement. Kambako was 1st class in every way. The PHs we hunted with were absolutely the best hunters & guides I have had the pleasure of hunting with anywhere.

The country was wild, free, harsh, and spectacular. The hunting was challenging and not easy by any means which we liked. The PHs & the trackers worked their azzes off trying to put us on game from sun up to sundown every day. It was real hunting in real Africa.

I'll post a few pics and add comments as I can. Thanks, 163bc [Linked Image]

daylight Hyena
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 163bc; 10/08/14.