Originally Posted by Fireball2
I struggled with not wanting to miss hunting on Sunday because of church and after church home group.

This year I told my home group I had made a commitment to them to be at group meetings each Sunday, other than emergencies or family obligations, but not to miss them for hunting. My hunting season ended on opening day. grin

[Linked Image]

Committing to church changed the blessing level God bestowed on my hunting time, just like giving tithe blesses your finances.

I sense change coming...

Really dude? The gobs of blood on the side, the blood on the antler, and the tongue is peeking out. For goodness sakes people don't need to see that crap. Take the time to wipe it off before you post a pic. This just reinforces bad press and forces people on the fence about hunting to become antis!

(all the above I type with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

To the RO, as a kid I was forced to go to church 3 times a week. Every week. I grew up and said that is for the birds. I have my own family now and am letting my kids decide for themselves how they want to go about their own lives in regards to church. I do my best to present all the options available. Being outdoors IS my church, it's where I feel more connected to God. Being out there with my kids blows out any form of attendance in a building filled with the mixture of good honest folks/hypocrites/what have you that fill any given house of worship. Everyone has to find their own balance of responsibilities based on their own priorities. I have been an outdoorsman/hunter and devote a fair amount of time to those pursuits. My kids partake. If they didn't, I'm not sure I'd claim them. grin

MAGA