I was unable to make the time to archery deer hunt during the bow season. I was bear hunting every day then. So I selected a Modern Rifle tag and used my bow anyway. Took this Mule Deer at 20 yards this morning. He ran exactly 75 yards with a double lung and part of shoulder blade. The 125 grain Viper trick drilled straight through. When the skin came off it looked like he was shot with a rifle bullet!

At impact he dropped his head and ran like he was sniffing the ground as a hound would. I thought he was going down within 20 yards because of his struggle. He somehow made it all the way to 75 yards. I happened to have my range finder to look back at were I shot from.

I still have to fill my Bear tag, but my wife took one for us so far. Those Viper Tricks Penetrate like no other broad head I have personal experience with. This is probably animal 12-15 now with viper tricks and everyone is a pass through. The exits look like the typical Slick Trick Slug holes. I was impressed again with the hole through the exit side scapula and the great penetration from my 60 Lb, 28.5" Switchback. He was on a side hill which is how I double lung hit and managed the scapula too. I've never seen a double lung and a scapula hit before!

[Linked Image]

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)