TexasBlueDevil;
Welcome to the 'Fire from just across the medicine line in central BC.

If you're planning a hunt up here in Canada, please allow me to recommend the stickied thread at the top of our Canada forum. It's the result of a lot of 'Fire members kicking in valuable information and I've been told it's been quite helpful for visiting hunters.

As to specific outfitters here in BC, I'm sorry that I don't have one.

I would - as is recommended in the thread I've mentioned - contact both successful and unsuccessful hunters from any outfitter to get the best feel for what type of hunt they offer.

Some of the coastal hunts will be truck hunts - that is to say spending much/most of the time glassing greening up cut blocks out of a pickup.

Others will be offering more of a boat/beach spot and stalk sort of hunt. A friend of ours used to guide out of Terrace for such hunts and they had a very high success rate and took good bears consistently.

There might be some houndsmen too that offer bear hunts - hounds are legal here in BC, but baiting is not.

I wouldn't think June should be too, too late to chase bears, but be aware that bear season ends on June 15th in the Lower Mainland management unit of the coast, but goes up to June 30th further up the coast in the Cariboo and Skeena management units.

Hopefully that was some use to you sir. Good luck on your hunt whichever way you decide and feel free to ask if you think I can be of any assistance.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"